Stearns, Ultra 4000, Automatic Inflatable PFD, Life Vest. A rugged inflatable life vest providing a minimum of 33.7 lbs. of buoyancy when fully inflated is available in automatic/manual inflation versions. It features tri-fold design for a comfortable fit and easy repacking.
- Automatic/Manual inflatable life vest is a USCG Approved Type V for use as Type II
- Secumatic 1F inflation mechanism mounted behind clear window to allow wearer to assess arming status
- Automatic override tab will re-arm as a Manual Only
- High-visibility reflective tape and emergency whistle on bladder
- Inflatable Life Vest provides a minimum of 33.7 lbs. of buoyancy when fully inflated
- Adjustable 2" waist belt for a snug fit
- Universal Size inflatable life vest fits chests 30" to 52"
- High-tenacity 210 Denier nylon shell
- Automatic override, 2 cylinders and pills provided
- Pocket to store extra cylinder and accessories
- Includes a mesh storage bag
- Adult Universal Sizing
- Ships with one CO2 cartridge, order re-arm kit #924 for additional cartridges
Note: Due to the CO2 cartridge, this item can only ship by UPS Ground.
The Black version is Made in the USA and sees typical service with law enforcement agencies.
Type V PFD's are in a USCG class of special flotation devices. When they are fitted and worn properly, they will perform as a Type II or Type III device. The biggest advantage of Type V inflatable PFD's is that they encourage people to wear them because of comfort and reduced bulk.
Inherently Buoyant PFD vs. Inflatable PFDs:
Inherently Buoyant PFDs can be used by swimmers and non-swimmers; many vests for a variety of applications - boating, tubing, fishing, skiing, paddling, sailing, etc.; foam filled - will float without action by wearer; available in adult, adult oversize, youth, child, and infant sizes.
Inflatable PFDs are not recommended for non-swimmers; not for use for active watersports activities - skiing, tubing, wakeboarding, white water, or PWC; requires regular user checks and maintenance; available in adult sizes only.
|Green cylinder seal indicator shows that CO2 cylinder is full; mechanism is armed to function as a automatic
||Red cylinder seal indicator shows that CO2 is empty; needs to be replaced before further use
||Green cylinder indicator shows that CO2 cylinder is full. Automatic override tab is in place. Mechanism is armed to function as a manual only device