Stearns 1470, Ultra Commercial, Automatic Inflatable Vest, PFD, Type V Life Jacket.
- USCG Approved Type V for use when worn on uninspected commercial vessels less than 40' in length not carrying passengers for hire
- Approved substitute for a Type II or III PFD only when worn and used in accordance with the owner's manual
- High visibility reflective tape and emergency whistle on bladder
- Halkey-Roberts 1F automatic inflator with single point indicator
- Automatic inflation when submerged in water; manual inflation by pulling lanyard or by oral tube
- Provides 33.7 lb (150 Newton) buoyancy when fully inflated
- Clear window to view arming status of mechanism
- Pocket to store extra cylinder or gear and D-ring
- 2" adjustable belt for secure fit, mesh storage bag, cylinder and bobbin included
- Optional back flap for identification, heavy-duty nylon outershell
- Tri-fold design provides comfortable fit and easy repacking
- 3M Scotchlite Reflective Materail SOLAS-grade 6755 on front
- Colors: International Orange, Black
- Ships with one CO2 cartridge, order re-arm kit #0927 for additional cartridges
Note: Due to the CO2 cartridge, this item can only ship by UPS Ground.
Type V PFD's are in a USCG class of special flotation devices. When they are fitted and worn properly, they will perform as a Type II or Type III device. The biggest advantage of Type V inflatable PFD's is that they encourage people to wear them because of comfort and reduced bulk.
Inherently Buoyant PFD vs. Inflatable PFDs:
Inherently Buoyant PFDs can be used by swimmers and non-swimmers; many vests for a variety of applications - boating, tubing, fishing, skiing, paddling, sailing, etc.; foam filled - will float without action by wearer; available in adult, adult oversize, youth, child, and infant sizes.
Inflatable PFDs are not recommended for non-swimmers; not for use for active watersports activities - skiing, tubing, wakeboarding, white water, or PWC; requires regular user checks and maintenance; available in adult sizes only.
|Green cylinder seal indicator shows that CO2 cylinder is full; mechanism is armed to function as a automatic
||Red cylinder seal indicator shows that CO2 is empty; needs to be replaced before further use
||Green cylinder indicator shows that CO2 cylinder is full. Automatic override tab is in place. Mechanism is armed to function as a manual only device