International Dock Products, Marine, Dock Piling Caps, Flat Round Pile Caps. Help protect piling from internal rot. Available in both black and white in more than 25 sizes.
How to measure for a piling cap
- Marine Dock Piling Caps will stand up to the harsh marine environment and keep birds from roosting, extending the life of pilings
- LLDPE Metallocene Based Polymer makes these piling caps superior in strength, flexibility, and dimensional consistency
- Piling Cap material contains mildew inhibitors and is UV stabilized
- Order minimum: 2 caps
- Take measurements of the diameters perpendicular in two directions across the top of the piling
- Choose a piling cap that is approximately 1/2" larger than your measurements
Caps are made from heavy weatherable polyethylene with an estimated life in excess of 15 years for black caps and in excess of 9 years for white caps (Actual life of piling caps is not guarenteed)
Notice: Molding process leaves a taper to the inside diameter of the piling cap (approx. 1/32" to 3/64" overall taper per diameter size in inches). This difference may be problematic for metal pilings however, forgiving for wood pilings (which may have a natural taper as well). You may want to consider buying 1/2" size larger to accommodate this discrepancy.