ACR GlobalFIX V4 CAT 1 EPIRB
Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon
Part Number: 2830
Drastically increase your probability of survival at sea with the multiple built-in redundancies of the GlobalFIX V4 marine distress EPIRB. Upon activation, the GlobalFIX V4s robust internal GPS accurately fixes your exact location. Your coordinates are then broadcast via a powerful 406 MHz distress signal to Search and Rescue forces worldwide. In the absence of GPS data, orbiting Cospas-Sarsat satellites can accurately triangulate your position using the 406 MHz signal alone. A 121.5 MHz homing signal further guides searchers to your exact position.
- Size (no antenna): 8.13 (H) X 4.28 (W) (20.7 X 10.9 cm)
- GPS: Internal GPS (66 Channel)
- Battery: Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium battery (user replaceable) - LiMnO2 (P/N 1104)
- Battery Replacement: 10 year user replaceable battery (replace 10 years after date of manufacture or by expiry date on the beacon, whichever is first)
- Material: High impact UV resistant polymer
- Strobe: 4 LED Array Strobe Light
- Deployment Category I - Hydrostatic release (auto) or Manual
- Activation: Out of bracket and wet, or manually in or out of bracket
- Waterproof: 33 ft (10 m) for 5 min.
- Output Power: 5 W +/- 2dB (406.037 MHz); 50 mW +/-3dB (121.5 MHz)
- Operational Life: 48 hours minimum @ -4 Deg. F (-20 Deg. C)
- Typical Performance: +48 hrs. @ -4 Deg. F (-20 Deg. C); Longer in higher ambient temperature
- Operating Temp: -4 Deg. F to +131 Deg. F (-20 Deg. C to +55 Deg. C ) (Class 2)
- Storage Temp: -22 Deg. F to + 158 Deg. F (-30 Deg. C to +70 Deg. C)
- Approvals: Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, MED (Pending), IC Acceptances: USCG Meets: GMDSS, RTCM, IEC, and IMO standards
- 120 satellite detectable basic self tests (available only in the Americas)
Repalces ACR 2842 and 2846
Our legendary products are supported by an equally legendary promise. The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be received within 30 days of receipt of the order.
- Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs), Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs) and Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELTs) can only be returned for a full refund within 30 Days of date of purchase if the seal has not been broken on the box. In addition, it must not have been registered with the National Authority Registration. Any product eligible for a promotional offer (cash rebates or free goods) that has been redeemed is not eligible for return.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.