Caviness, Feather Brand, BWL-SU Series Oars, 5' - 8'
- The Caviness, BWL-SU Series Oars, 5' - 8', has all the great features as the BW, but includes our Red Caviness® Power Grip.
- Red Caviness® Power Grip
- Varnish Finish
The BWL-SU is available in lengths 5 feet through 8 feet in 6 inch increments.
Question: My row boat is 4 feet between the oarlocks. What length oars should I buy?
Answer: There are a number different ways to determine the right length of oar for a given boat. The very best way is to test out oars on your boat. This gives you a feel for the boat/oar/human combination. Often this is not possible so here are ways to get the best length oar that you can then adjust the mounting to get things dialed in.
- Distance between the Oarlocks (in inches) divide by two then add 2. Multiply this by 25 then divide by 7. Pick the oar closest to that length. (You will need to convert to feet.)
- Distance between the Oarlocks (in inches) divide by two and subtract 2". Multiply by three to get an approximate oar length.
- Distance between the Oarlocks (in inches) divided by two then times by three and add 6" and select the closest oar length.
- 48/2 = 24, 24+2 = 26, 26*25 = 650, 650/7 = 92.9, round and convert to feet) 93/12 = 7' 9" so Oar would be 7-1/2' or 8'
- 48/2 = 24, 24-2 = 22, 22*3 = 66, 66" (5' 6") so Oar would be a 5-1/2"
- 48/2 = 24, 24*3 = 72, 72+6 = 78, 78/12 = 6.5 so Oar would be 6-1/2'
To make your choice remember that about 1/3 (or a little less) of the oar is in the boat and that the narrower your beam and the lower your freeboard the shorter you will want your oars to be. Oars that are too long get in the way of your rowing.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be recevied within 30 days of receipt.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.