Garmin GPSMAP 8610 with Mapping
- Features a 10” full HD IPS touchscreen display preloaded with both BlueChart g3 U.S. coastal and LakeVü HD maps featuring Navionics data and Auto Guidance¹ technology
- Fully network capable with NMEA 2000® connectivity and the Garmin Marine Network
- Includes ANT technology and Wi-Fi networking
- Garmin SailAssist™ feature provides critical sailing data and displays prerace guidance for racers
- SmartMode™ station controls enable quick, one-touch access to the information you need
Build Your Marine System
NMEA 2000 networking and the Garmin Marine Network allow you to easily build your full marine electronics suite — from radar and autopilots to cameras, instruments and forward-looking sonar — controlled from your chartplotter and shared across multiple screens. In addition, our exclusive OneHelm™ system coordinates many third-party manufactured onboard marine products to bring full control of systems — such as digital switching, lighting, stabilization and more — conveniently to your chartplotter screen.
The GPSMAP 8610 chartplotter has a premium-performance processor that enables fast map drawing, superior networking, video distribution and more. Built-in Wi-Fi technology lets you pair with the free ActiveCaptain® app for access to OneChart™, smart notifications¹, Garmin Quickdraw™ community data and more. You can also control video streaming from our GC™ 100 wireless camera and VIRB® action cameras. In addition, built-in ANT wireless technology connects you directly to our quatix® marine watch, gWind™ Wireless 2 transducer and wireless remote controls.
SmartMode Station Controls
Networked sonar, radar, cameras, media and digital switching can be independent or incorporated into SmartMode station controls. With SmartMode, everything is designed to give you quick, one-touch access to the information you need to ease high-stress situations such as docking.
The Best of Garmin with the Best of Navionics
For the most detailed, clear and concise charts and maps, this chartplotter is preloaded with BlueChart g3 coastal cartography and LakeVü g3 inland mapping featuring Navionics data. The charts and maps also include our Auto Guidance technology, which shows a suggested route to a destination¹, based on your boat’s specifications. The expandable memory allows you to upgrade your maps with accessory map purchases such as BlueChart® g3 Vision and LakeVü g3 Ultra.
Sit Back and Take Control
You don’t have to stand for hours at the helm. The optional easy-to-use GRID™ 20 remote input device provides intuitive remote access and control of your entire Garmin marine system. It features a 360-degree joystick with a rotary knob and push-to-select button for easy chartplotter menu/setting navigation and fine control, even in the worst conditions.
Special Sailing Features
To help you make informed decisions, the Garmin SailAssist feature provides critical data displays and prerace guidance to help you gain a competitive edge. Other sailing features include laylines, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, true wind data fields and tide/current/time slider. Gauge displays provide need-to-know information at a glance, including true and apparent wind angle, set and drift, true or apparent wind speed, horizontal or vertical graphs and a data bar with customizable fields.
The Ultimate Connected Boating App
Download the ActiveCaptain app to your smartphone or tablet to manage your marine experience from anywhere — from trip planning and prefishing to updating software and purchasing maps.
- Physical dimensions: 10.25" x 8.0625" x 2.95" (25.9 cm x 20.5 cm x 7.5 cm)
- Display size: 8.6" x 5.4"; 10.1" diagonal (21.8 cm x 13.7 cm; 25.7 cm diagonal)
- Display resolution:WUXGA; 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Display type:touchscreen IPS display (anti-glare finish)
- Weight: 5.2lbs (2.4kg)
- Water rating: IPX7
- Polarized Support: Yes
- J1939 Compatible: Yes
- Power consumption: 2.0A
- Antenna: Internal or external over NMEA 2000
- Mounting options: Bail, flat or flush (Garmin do not offer any hardware or accessories for a flat-mount installation. Professional tools and knowledge is required.)
- Receiver: 10 Hz GPS/GLONASS/Galileo
- Garmin Marine Network™ ports: 2
- Preloaded maps: BlueChart g3 and LakeVü g3
- Accepts data cards: 2 microSD cards (on back)
- Waypoints: 5,000
- Routes: 100 (250 waypoints each)
- Track log: 50,000 points; 50 saved tracks
- Tide tables: Yes
- Garmin Radar compatible: Yes
- Garmin Sonar compatible: Yes
- Garmin SmartMode compatible (customizable monitor presets): Yes
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships position): Yes
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC-capable VHF radio): Yes
- Supports FUSION-Link™ compatible radios: Yes
- GSD™ Black Box sonar support: Yes
- GCV™ Black Box sonar support: Yes
- ActiveCaptain compatible: Yes
- Garmin Helm compatible: Yes
- GRID™ (Garmin Remote Input Device) compatible: Yes
- Wireless remote compatible: Yes
- Sailing Features: Yes
- Dual-frequency (50/200 kHz) sonar capable: Yes (with external black box, sold separately)
- Dual-beam (77/200 kHz) sonar capable: Yes (with external black box, sold separately)
- CHIRP sonar technology: Yes_(when_connected_to_another_compatible_sonar_device)
- ClearVü: yes (with GCV™ black box, sold separately)
- SideVü: yes (with GCV™ black box, sold separately)
- NMEA 2000® compatible: Yes
- NMEA 0183 input ports: 1 differential
- NMEA 0183 output ports:1 differential
- Video input ports: 1 - BNC composite 1 - HDMI (HDCP compliant)
- Video output ports: 1 HDMI
- Wireless connectivity: Yes
- Additional: Supports spoken audio alerts
Non aviation products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.