Garmin GPSMAP 8612XSC with Mapping and Sonar Bluechart G3 and Lakevu G3
- Features a 12” full HD IPS touchscreen display preloaded with both BlueChart g3 U.S. coastal and LakeVü HD maps featuring Navionics data and Auto Guidance technology
- Fully network capable with NMEA 2000 connectivity and the Garmin Marine Network
- Built-in support for the full suite of Garmin sonar capabilities
- Includes ANT technology and Wi-Fi networking
- SmartMode™ station controls enable quick, one-touch access to the information you need
Serious sport fishermen, cruisers, sailors and sail racers demand serious equipment. The easy-to-use, easy-to-install GPSMAP 8612xsv chartplotter/sonar combo delivers MFD performance in a combo-size package. It features a 12” full HD IPS touchscreen display for wider viewing angles, superior clarity and sunlight readability, even with polarized sunglasses. Multiple displays can be flat mounted edge-to-edge to create a sleek glass helm look or can be mounted flush.
Complete Sonar SupportThe GPSMAP 8612xsv chartplotter/sonar combo offers built-in support for our industry-leading sonar, including dual-channel 1 kW traditional CHIRP, CHIRP ClearVü and CHIRP SideVü scanning sonars plus built-in support for Ultra High-Definition scanning sonar (no black box required). It also supports the entire Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar line (transducers sold separately). The Best of Garmin with the Best of Navionics For the most detailed, clear and concise charts and maps, this chartplotter is preloaded with BlueChart g3 coastal cartography and LakeVü g3 inland mapping featuring Navionics data. The charts and maps also include our Auto Guidance technology, which shows a suggested route to a destination, based on your boat’s specifications. The expandable memory allows you to upgrade your maps with accessory map purchases, such as BlueChart g3 Vision and LakeVü g3 Ultra.
Build Your Marine System
NMEA 2000 networking and the Garmin Marine Network allow you to easily build your full marine electronics suite — from radar and autopilots to cameras, instruments and forward-looking sonar — controlled from your chartplotter and shared across multiple screens. In addition, our exclusive OneHelm™ system coordinates many third-party manufactured onboard marine products to bring full control of systems — such as digital switching, lighting, stabilization and more — conveniently to your chartplotter screen.
The GPSMAP 8612xsv chartplotter has a premium-performance processor that enables fast map drawing, superior networking, video distribution and more. Built-in Wi-Fi technology lets you pair with the free ActiveCaptain app for access to OneChart™, smart notifications, Garmin Quickdraw community data and more. You can also control video streaming from our GC 100 wireless camera and VIRB action cameras. In addition, built-in ANT wireless technology connects you directly to our quatix marine watch, gWind™ Wireless 2 transducer and wireless remote controls.
SmartMode Station Controls
Networked sonar, radar, cameras, media and digital switching can be independent or incorporated into SmartMode station controls. With SmartMode, everything is designed to give you quick, one-touch access to the information you need to ease high-stress situations such as docking.
Special Sailing Features
The Garmin SailAssist feature provides data, displays and prerace guidance to help you gain a competitive edge. Other sailing features include laylines, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, true wind data fields and tide/current/time slider. Gauge displays provide need-to-know information at a glance, including true and apparent wind angle, set and drift, true or apparent wind speed, horizontal or vertical graphs and a data bar with customizable fields.
The Ultimate Connected Boating App
Download the ActiveCaptain app to your smartphone or tablet to manage your marine experience from anywhere — from trip planning and prefishing to updating software and purchasing maps.
- Physical dimensions: 11.9" x 8.5" x 3" (30.3 cm x 21.6 cm x 7.6 cm)
- Display size: 10.1" x 5.7"; 11.6" diagonal (25.7 cm x 14.5 cm; 29.5 cm diagonal)
- Display resolution: FHD; 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Display type: touchscreen IPS display (anti-glare finish)
- Weight: 6.0 lbs.
- Water rating: IPX7
- Polarized Support: Yes
- J1939 Compatible: Yes
- Power consumption: 3.1A
- Antenna: Internal or external over NMEA 2000
- Mounting options: Bail, flat or flush (Garmin do not offer any hardware or accessories for a flat-mount installation. Professional tools and knowledge is required.)
- Receiver: 10 Hz GPS/GLONASS/Galileo
- Garmin Marine Network ports: 2
- Preloaded maps: BlueChart g3 and LakeVü g3
- Accepts data cards: 2 microSD cards (on back)
- Waypoints: 5,000
- Routes: 100 (250 waypoints each)
- Track log: 50,000 points; 50 saved tracks
- Tide tables: Yes
- Garmin Radar compatible: Yes
- Garmin Sonar compatible: Yes
- Garmin SmartMode compatible (customizable monitor presets): Yes
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships position): Yes
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC-capable VHF radio): Yes
- Supports FUSION-Link™ compatible radios: Yes
- GSD™ Black Box sonar support: Yes
- GCV™ Black Box sonar support: Yes
- ActiveCaptain compatible: Yes
- Garmin Helm compatible: Yes
- GRID™ (Garmin Remote Input Device) compatible: Yes
- Wireless remote compatible: Yes
- Sailing Features: Yes
- Dual-frequency (50/200 kHz) sonar capable: Yes
- Dual-beam (77/200 kHz) sonar capable: Yes
- Frequencies supported: Traditional: 50/200, 77/200, 83/200 Single Channel CHIRP: 40-250 Dual Channel CHIRP: 40-250 SideVü/ClearVü: CHIRP 260/455/800 Ultra High-Definition ClearVü: 0.8 MHz (800 kHz), CHIRP range: 760-880 kHz Ultra High-Definition SideVü: 1.2 MHz (1,200 kHz), CHIRP range: 1,060-1,170 kHz (dependent on transducer)
- Transmit power: 1 kW traditional; 1 kW CHIRP
- CHIRP sonar technology: Yes (Built-in)
- ClearVü: Yes
- SideVü: Yes
- Maximum depth: 5,000 ft at 1 kW (depth capacity is dependent on water bottom type and other water conditions)
- NMEA 2000 compatible: Yes
- Transducer pin numbers: 1 – LVS sonar, 1 – 12 pin scanning sonar, 1- 8 pin sonar
- NMEA 0183 input ports: 1 differential
- NMEA 0183 output ports: 1 differential
- Video input ports: 1 - BNC composite; 1 - HDMI (HDCP compliant)
- Video output ports: 1 HDMI
- Wireless connectivity: Yes
- Additional: Supports spoken audio alerts
Non aviation products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.