Raritan 1700 Series Water Heaters, with or without Heat Exchanger
- Features an attractive polymer jacket that will not corrode from the dampness below deck
- Jacket is flame retardant and resists damage during installation and handling
- Adjustable thermostat controls water temperature
- Glass lined steel tank is more durable than stainless steel
- Replaceable anode for electrolysis protection
- Five year limited warranty on tanks
- 120 volt AC, 1,250 watt
- Model without heat exchanger shown in photo
The "1700 Series" water heater provides hot water for galley and shower. Dense foaminsulation provides better and longer heat retention than traditional fiberglass. The tankitself is protected by a 75 PSI T& P (temperature and pressure) relief valve. The cylindrical design of the tank enables it to withstand more pressure than a cube shaped tank.
Heat exchanger models can be connectedto the engine cooling system. This providesthe added convenience of hot water whenunderway or generator power is not available.The innovative heat exchanger is over sevenfeet in length and is evenly coiled throughoutthe interior of the tank, providing hot waterrapidly and efficiently.
RaritanÕs water heaters use an ignitionprotected thermostat. Although it is factory setto 120 Deg. F, it is adjustable from 110 Deg. to 160 Deg. Fand has a safety shut down limit of 190 Deg. F. Allmodels and sizes have the plumbingconnections on the same side to simplifyinstallation. Hot and cold water connectionsare 3/4"male NPT (National Pipe Thread).Heat exchanger connections are 3/4"femaleNPT.