Sea-Fire FM-200 Automatic & Manual/Automatic Fire Extinguishers, FG Series
Sea-Fire FM-200 agent FG Fire Suppression Systems are designed to protect enclosed compartments. All FG systems operate automatically through heat activation. Discharge occurs if the sensor valve temperature rises to the system activation point. Manual systems provide boat operators the option to activate the fire repression system with an installed release cable.
Sea-Fire FM-200 FD extinguishing systems are designed to induce minimum atmospheric concentration of 8.7% within the protected compartment. These marine Fire Extinguishers are for use in spaces from 150 to 1500 cubic feet and fit most marine vessel engine compartments.
- Utilizes FM-200 agent
- For gasoline and diesel powered craft
- Tested to -40 F
- Corrosion resistant aluminum cylinders and valves
- 100% leak-tested
- Available in automatic or auto/manual configurations
- Auto/Man configured extinguishers require (sold separately)
- Three year manufacturer warranty
- ALL FG models are approved for vertical or horizontal mounting
- Sea-Fire FG series extinguishers equipped with a factory installed pressure switch for cylinder pressure supervision that may also be used to control other electrical functions (engine shutdown, air exchange equipment, etc.)
FG system comes complete with marine approved brackets, face plate, and installation manual included in shipment. Diesel Engine Craft are required to install an
How to select the proper fire extinguisher for your application:
- Determine the volume of the enclosure in cubic feet or cubic meters: measure Length X Width X Height (LxWxH) taking into consideration the curvature of the hull.
- Select an automatic or manual/automatic model that meets or exceeds the calculated volume of the engine compartment.
- CE (PED and/or TPED) - (Certified European)
- DNV - (Det Norske Veritas)
- FM - (Factory Mutual Global)
- GL - (Germanischer Lloyd)
- HKFSD - (Hong Kong Fire Services Department)
- Maritime New Zealand
- RINA - (Registro Italia no Navale)
- SAMSA - (South African Maritime Safety Authority)
- TC - (Transport Canada)
- USCG - (United States Coast Guard)
- U.S. DOT - (United States Department of Transportation)
· Cannot be shipped by USPS
· International Shipments require a shipping quote that will be sent to you for approval prior to product shipment
· Australian Regulations prevent shipment of this product to Australia
What is FM-200?
DuPont FM-200 is accepted and respected worldwide, with a history of protecting some of the world's most critical and irreplaceable assets. In fact, FM-200 is in use in over one hundred thousand applications, in more than 70 nations.
Many fire suppression systems can cause major damage to Ð and even destroy Ð the very things they are supposed to protect. You're looking to avoid damage Ð not cause it. You're looking to reduce downtime Ð not lengthen it. You want a fire suppression system that deploys quickly and cleanly and won't leave behind oily residue, particulate, or water. FM-200 fire suppressant stops fires fast.
FM-200 systems reach extinguishing levels in 10 seconds or less, stopping ordinary combustible, electrical, and flammable liquid fires before they cause significant damage. When fire is extinguished this quickly, it means less damage, lower repair costs, and an extra margin of safety for people. It also means less downtime and disruption of business.
FM-200 fire suppressant can be safely used where people are present.
In applications where space is at a premium, FM-200 fire suppression systems are the superior choice. The FM-200 agent is stored in cylinders as a liquid and pressurized with nitrogen, saving huge amounts of storage space. In fact, for the same amount of protection, FM-200 systems take up to seven times less storage space than systems based on CO2 and inert gases.
You cannot afford to settle for minimum fire protection when lives and valuable assets are at stake. There's no substitute for genuine DuPont FM-200 waterless fire protection.
Sea-Fire was the first fire extinguisher manufacturer to utilize the renowned FM-200 agent for marine applications. FM-200 is the most accepted and safest extinguishing agent on the market. FM-200 is safe for use in occupied spaces and engine compartments, it is the same compound used in pharmaceutical asthma inhalers. FM-200 is electrically nonconductive, residual free and will not cause thermal shock damage. It is also environmentally safe; it is accepted under the U.S. EPA's Significant New Alternatives Policy and is an accepted replacement for products banned under the Montreal Protocol. FM-200 has zero ozone depletion potential and is recoverable and recyclable at the end of its useful service life.
These fire extinguishers are filled per order and are non-returnable
The following Shipping Restrictions apply:
- All products are non-retunable.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.