Weems & Plath, Atlantis Collection, Time & Tide Clock, Brass
Mfr: WEEMS & PLATH
Weems & Plath, Atlantis Collection, Time & Tide Clock, Brass. Traditional forged brass ship's instrument.
- Created from solid, forged brass that is hand polished and flawlessly lacquered
- Screw bezel adds the classic nautical look and allows easy access to components for adjustment
- Provided with complete instructions and mounting hardware
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Combination quartz and tide clock movement which averages the lunar tide cycle
- Tide sector is calibrated for the east coast of the United States, will work for other tidal bodies of water but will need to be re-set morefrequently)
- AA battery included
- Dimensions: dial: 4" (102 mm), base: 5-1/2" (140 mm), depth: 2-7/8" (73 mm)
Time and tide movements are for use on the Atlantic coasts of America and Europe only.
Along the whole Atlantic Seaboard, the moon controls the tides quite well, ebbing and flowing on a highly predictable and regular schedule. However, on the Pacific Coast, the tides are irregular. The vastness of the Pacific Ocean makes it impossible for the moon to control the whole Pacific Ocean at once as it does in the Atlantic. It is not unusual for the Pacific Coast to have 3 high tides or 3 low tides a day.
A full rotation of a tide clock, that is from one high tide to the next high tide, will take 12 hours and 28 minutes. Therefore, if a customer has a time and tide clock combination, the customer can expect to see the tide hand approximately 1 hour behind the hour hand at the end of the first 24 hour rotation. It is a good idea to check this timing before returning a tide clock as defective.
Even under normal weather conditions, it is recommended that the tide clock be reset with local tide charts approximately every 60 days or so. If resetting is done visually, preference is for during a full moon. Tide sector comes calibrated for the East Coast of the United States.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Do not use in connection with drinking water. Wash hands after handling. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be recevied within 30 days of receipt of the order.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.