Dickinson Marine, Newport Solid Fuel Heater, 00-NEWSF
Dickinson Marine, Newport Solid Fuel (Wood) Heater 00-NEWSF is a small, solid fuel heater. Designed for casual use but built of stainless steel for years of service. It is ideal for boats 20-25 ft in length and tiny homes or fishing huts. The Newport Solid Fuel (Wood) Heater burns one to two 1" thick wood or presto log, a handful of charcoal briquettes or coal. Removable ash drawer and damper control.
- Requires 3" diameter chimney parts
- Minimum 4ft of chimney is required, a 6ft straight run with no elbows work best
- Chimneys 6ft or longer we highly recommend a barometric damper
- Permanent fresh air vent needed in area of the unit
- Decorative laser cut door
- Creates a dry heat to dry out moisture inside the vessel
- Removable ash drawer for easy cleaning & damper control
- Increasingly used as a wood stove / heater in non-marine applications such as tiny homes. Check with local codes before purchase
- Dimensions: Width: 7.88" x Height: 14.7" x Depth: 10"
- Weight: 15 lbs
- Heat Output (aprox): Low - 3000 BTU / High - 8000 BTU
FuelCombustion options for this appliance are wood, charcoal briquettes or similar solid fuels that can be burned. Slow burning fuels are recommended. Care must be taken not to overfill the combustion chamber as this can damage the heater. The heater is rated for approximately 8000 btuÍs. This will be equal to a small handful of briquettes, 1 or 2 slices of presto logs at 1" thick or equivalent sizing for wood or other solid fuels.
Certain brands of engineered firewood can burn with an enhanced level of heat so caution must be used. Refrain from burning any manufactured wood with an artificially increased btu rating. When using engineered firewood, cleaning of the firebox and exhaust chimney may be required.
Dickinson Newport Installation Manual
Ratings & Reviews
Warms up my cabin Quickly
The heat output on this was surprisingly much more than I thought it would be. My cabin is approx 4x7 and it heated it in about 20 min at 50 deg.
A:Here is installation link for the
Q: If this fireplace burns charcoal, what safeguards are in place to assure that it does not flood the boat cabin with carbon monoxide or other poisonous gasses?
A: Both the exhaust and intake are external to the cabin.
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- Restocking charge will apply at a minimum of 20% for all product returned.
- All Returns must be returned within 30 days of receipt of the items.
- Some products are non-returnable, please contact us for further details.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.