Future Oceans Whale Pinger, 3kHz Cetacean Deterrent
Future Oceans Whale Pingers emit a signal that alerts Humpback whales to the presence of whatever gear the Pinger is deployed on. The Pinger alert gives whales a chance to move away from the gear and reduces the risk of entanglement creating a safer situation for everyone involved.
Future Oceans Whale Pingers include the following important features:
- Super durable external casings CNC machined from virgin Acetal, made in Idaho.
- Red LED indicates low battery (Flashes 7 times as soon as Pingers are removed from the water).
- Green LED confirms Pinger is operating (flashes 3 times when first immersed and again 7 times when Pingers come out of the water).
- Electronics ensure problem free, reliable operation.
- 12 months warranty.
Specs and Recommendations:
- 3 kHz (+/-.5 kHz) frequency at 135 dB (+/- 4 dB)
- For use in gillnet, purse seine and pot fisheries.
- Recommended Spacing: One Whale Pinger every 50 meters, 150 feet or 25 fathoms on all gear.
- Tested in the USA to 2200 PSI, equivalent to 4700 feet/ 1400 meters.
- Conditional 12 months warranty.
- Future Oceans Batteries must be used to comply with warranty.
- Whale Pinger batteries will last 120 days based on 12 hours use per day. (60 days based on 24 hours use per day).
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be recevied within 30 days of receipt.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.