- LD (Low Drag) means faster, safer pickups - and less strain on both crew and gear
- Patented rib design and its unique shape allows the buoy to skip along the surface of the water rather than digging in as the standard round buoys do
- Testing has proven that the LD series created, at most, only 20% of the drag at retrieval speeds of 3 to 6 knots
- Alaska crab fisheries buoy of choice
- Available in 10 different colors
On the Polyform LD-4 bullet-shaped buoy, the specs say its buoyancy rating is 121 lbs. Does that mean it weighs 121 lbs when filled with water?
I'm wanting to use it as a punching bag, and I need to know the weight when filled all the way with water (I'm assuming that you can do that with it).
The LD-4 Polyform 121lbs of Buoyancy is how much weight the buoy can support without sinking when filled with air. The internal volume capacity is about 8 gals. Water weights about 8lbs a gallon so. That volume times 8lbs a gallon for water to fill the buoy and it will weigh about 67 lbs overall when filled with water.
We have not tried filling a Polyform or any other buoy with water but it seems people do. The warranty does not cover this use.
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be recevied within 30 days of receipt of the order.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.