Mantus M1 Anchor, 8 to 125 lb Sizes Available
The M1 Mantus Anchor makes for easy storage if needed as the M1 is designed specifically for disassembly and stowage. Some owners simply keep the shipping box for onboard storage. No protruding anchor stocks or tips to damage other gear or toes!
Long-range cruisers, racers, or day trippers can use the Mantus M1 for their main anchor and store one or two as spares without taking up much needed boat space.
- Built strong using high quality steel plate, no cast parts
- Shank and shank boot are welded from top and bottom
- Shank and roll bar are bolted to the fluke
- ASTM certified steel bolts are oversized with a large margin to ensure safety
- Shank is attached to the fluke with 4 bolts, each of which has sufficient strength to handle the maximum expected load on the anchor
- Every part of the anchor system is hot-dipped galvanized for corrosion protection
- Sharp-headed nose/tip is reinforced for extra strength
- The M1 Anchor, due to its roll bar, is better at rolling over in a really soft, silty bottom.
- The M2 Anchor is less likely to get plugged up with muddy weeds, and without the need for the roll bar, M2 is less bulky. Thus, the M2 model provides a better fit for boats with bow pulpits with slotted anchor housing and bow sprits.
Ratings & Reviews
Best anchor hands down
I bought the 35lb anchor for my 27' Catalina sailboat. People laughed and said it was overkill, but when I had a 40' tree come down the Mississippi and wrap up in my anchor line, it held without a problem. It always set on the first try and it never drug. Even when I was in the Gulf in 50kn winds. I will buy a mantus for any boat I get from here on out.
SHIPPING & RETURNS