Marine Hardware, Generator Exhaust Port, w/ Flap, 316 Stainless Steel
Marine Hardware, Generator Exhaust Port is built for long service on your boat using 316 stainless steel. The flap to prevent water entry is made from 60 durometer nitrile rubber that withstands oil and chemicals.
- Full thread length to insure fit in any wall thickness
- Design for easy installation in boat hulls of varying thicknesses, from 3/8" to 2-1/4" as used in inboard/outboard transoms or sides of hull
- Fully serviceable from outside the vessel
- Complete with flapper
- Manufactured of stainless steel for ultimate corrosion resistance and strength
- 60 durometer nitrile rubber flap prevents backwash
- High-grade stainless steel fasteners
- Investment cast 316 stainless steel
Answer: The manufacturer tells me the outer diameter of the threaded part of the exhaust port is 2 3/8".
Question: Could I use this for main engine exhaust also? I have a flathead V8 set up with dual exhaust that will use 1 5/8" exhaust hoses.
Answer: Yes you can use this exhaust port for engine exhaust.
Question: I have not cut the holes in the wood transom yet for the exhaust.
Answer: As far as drilling/cutting holes when I have installed thru hulls in the past I found it worked well to remove the backing nut, trace the interior diameter of the nut on the hull where you want the fitting, and then use a hole saw that fits just inside the lines. Better to have the hole a little smaller and file or sand off the excess instead of making too big a hole.
SHIPPING & RETURNS