How to Complete a Return
- To return your product, review our return policy, and fill out the form below to request a return approval via email. If you have an account, you can login and request a return under My Account.
We will respond via email within 2-48 hours M-F.
- Defective or eligible warranty products are only eligible for an exchange and not a refund.
We will email you a printable return form with the shipping address.
Returns must be completed within 30 days of receipt of the order. After 30 days the manufacture of the product(s) will need to be contacted for a warranty claim. If you need assistance finding the manufacturer's number please contact our Returns Department.
- The product must be in new, resalable condition and in the manufacturer's original packaging. Returns will be inspected before final decisions are made on refunds.
- Items purchased with free shipping will be refunded the price of the item minus the outgoing shipping amount
- Some products are non-returnable or have a restocking fee. See list at the bottom of the page. We will inform you of any restocking fees not listed.
- Fill out the form below returns.
- Do not write return numbers, addresses or any other marks directly on manufacturer's original packagingor product.
- Customers are responsible for the shipping costs for returns. Upon inspection, all items returned in non-resalable condition, not in manufacturer's original packaging or with missing or damaged parts may be refused a refund and will be charged an additional restocking fee at LFS Marine & Outdoor's discretion.
- Customers must include the completed return form in their return package or be subject to NOT receive any refund.
- For all returns we recommend that you use UPS or other traceable means (delivery confirmation) to ensure your return package arrives.
- If the return is a result of our error or a manufacturing defect, you still need to request a return within 30 days from the date you received the item(s) for a refund. If we have made an error with your order, we will send you a pre-paid shipping label. You must use the provided shipping label (call tag). In the event we are unable to send a shipping label, we will reimburse the cost of shipping (if returned via UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, or USPS Priority Mail). Items returned COD will not reimbursed for shipping.
Please note: If the return is a result of our error or a manufacturer defect, we will refund shipping costs, however at a preauthorized rate equivalent to ground/surface shipping rates. For orders shipped directly from manufacturers such as Taylor Made and Westland boat covers, refunds may take up to two weeks or more after the order has been returned to the manufacturer due to the manufacturer's inspection and refund procedures.
If you receive a product not on the above list and believe it to be defective or damaged, contact LFS Marine & Outdoor's Return Department within 30 days of receiving the product. Products that have been installed or whose original packaging has been opened cannot be returned. For manufacturer defects, LFS Marine & Outdoor is not liable for reimbursing the product or cost of shipping. Manufacturer defects can only be exchanged, not refunded.
Clearance, close-out and open-box items may not have a replacement available. Clearance, close-out and open-box items with a replacement available can be replaced from non-clearance stock at non-clearance price at your discretion.
Goods Damaged or Missing During Shipping
Restock Fees / Return Policies / Warranties by Manufacturer
We may charge a restocking fee for returned items at our discretion at a minimum of 10%. Some products are non-returnable, have a separate return policy or have a higher minimum restock fee. (This is not a complete list - each manufacturer may vary with their policy). Contact us if you cannot find the restock fee listed for your product.
|Manufacturer Name||Restock Fee||Exclusions|
|API||15%||Excluding product defects. Some API products are non-returnable.|
|Barr Marine||25%||Excluding product defects.|
|Frigoboat / Coastal Climate||20%||Manufacturer will issue a RMA (Return Material Authorization) number so product can be returned for warranty testing. If product functions fine, manufacturer charge a $50 test fee. If product fails, but not for warranty reason (for example, water damage), manufacturer will charge the fee, unless a replacement is purchase. If product fails for warranty reason, manufacturer will send replacement. Customer is responsible for all fees.|
|Carver Boat Covers||25%||Excluding product defects.|
|Innovative Lighting||Min. 10%||Excluding product defects.|
|International Dock Products||25%||Excluding product defects.|
|Rotzler||25%||Customer must pay shipping to and from Rotzler for warranty, service and repairs|
|Shortex||Excluding product defects. |
In the event that there is a non-manufacturer problem with your cover, Shortex will make every effort to modify your product to suit your needs. Modifications to the cover requested by the customer will be performed at time and material charges to the customer and are non-refundable. (Contact Shortex for a full Shortex Limited Warranty.)
CoverTuff Canopies: CoverTuff Canopies are manufactured by Shortex and have the same return policy, see Shortex Covers above.
|San Juan Engineering||25%||Excluding product defects. Products are non-refundable if they have been installed.|
|Seakamp Engineering||25%||Excluding product defects. Products are non-refundable if they have been installed.|
|Schmitt / Ongoro||15%||Excluding product defects. Restocking fee is required (even on exchanges).|
|Taco Metals||20%||Excluding product defects. No refunds on cut or custom products.|
|Taylor Made Products||20%||Excluding product defects. |
Taylor Made Covers are custom made at the Taylor Made factory for each boat size as well as customer's choice of material and color. Therefore, a 20% Taylor Made restocking fee may apply for all returns except for errors made by Taylor Made or LFS Marine & Outdoor. To help assure customer satisfaction, trained Taylor Made personnel are available for assistance with each order and may even contact customers prior to cover production to assure proper selection. Please take digital photographs of the cover on your boat before making return arrangements. After 30 days from receipt of cover, call 1-800-628-5188 for Taylor Made Customer Service and prompt handling of defective covers. (Contact Taylor Made for full Taylor Made Limited Warranty.)
|Tessilmare / Mate USA||15%||Excluding product defects. No refunds on cut or custom products.|
|Westland||25%||Excluding product defects. |
Westland Boat Covers are custom made at the Westland factory for each boat size as well as customer's choice of material and color. Exact-Fit (Custom Boat Covers) are not returnable (except in the case of manufacturing defects). Select Fit (Semi-Custom) Boat Covers incur a 20% restocking fee. Special order non-stocking or non-current items are not returnable. After 30 days from receipt of cover, call 1-800-835-7992 for Westland Customer Service and prompt handling of defective covers.
|Whitecap||20%||Excluding product defects.|