Boat Prep Checklist
Safety should always be your first concern before hitting the water. LFS has put together a checklist of what you should inspect, replace or service before heading underway. Print this page (pdf)
- 1 Check all hoses for cracks or breaks. Replace with Trident Marine hose as needed.
- 2 Flush antifreeze from your water systems.
- 3 Change your oil using the proper Sierra Oil and replace your oil filter with the appropriate Baldwin Filter.
- 4 Consider changing your fuel filter with a new Racor Fuel Filter.
- 5 Check your boat's hull for any damage. Repair as needed.
- 6 Clean and scrape the bottom of your boat if it is accessible.Consider painting your hull with Pettit Antifouling Paint .
- 7 Check windows and lights for any indication of leaks. Seal as needed.
- 8Lubricatewinches, anchor windlass, blocks, and pad eyes.
- 9 Check and replace zincs as needed.
- 10 Check engine belts and replace as needed.
- 11 Check transmission fluid levels and quality.
- 12 Check spark plugs and replace as needed.
- 13 Change the gear lube if you didn't during winterization.
- 14 Check battery, clean battery terminals, and top up with distilled water if need.