PSS PRO Shaft Seal, 1-1/2" Diameter Shaft, 2-1/2" to 2-5/8" Stern Tube
The PSS PRO Shaft Seal for your boat is a mechanical face seal utilizing PYI's proven stainless steel and carbon sealing components with the an added silicone bellow reinforcement. These PRO Shaft Seals are designed specifically for applications that will require increased durability and resistance to harsh, corrosive, high pressure and otherwise demanding environments. PSS PRO Shaft Seals are a specialized mechanical seal that is suitable for a variety of applications, with unmatched performance.
The PSS PRO seals include external rings standard on seals for shafts of 2-1/4" and larger (optional on all smaller sizes), a secondary shaft retention collar, 316 Stainless Steel hose clamps (rolled edges & non-perforated) and an optional Nitronic 50 rotor upgrade (for highly corrosive environments).
- Temperature Limits: -13°F to 425°F (-25°C to 220°C)
- Pressure Limits: 40 PSI (2.75 BAR)
- Shaft RPM Limits: 10,000 RPM
- Carbon Graphite: Lapped to 4 HLB (0.000044" tolerance)
- 316SS / Nitronic 50: Faced to 9 Ra
- Bellow Material: Molded formed silicone / fabric