Bluenose II - Painted Wooden Model Sailboat, 47" Long
Bluenose II - Painted Wooden Model Sailboat, 47" Long. Individually built, completely assembled, handcrafted model of the Bluenose II.
The Bluenose, which was constructed in Nova Scotia, was both a fishing schooner and a racer. She raced for the International Trophy, put up by the Halifax Herald as a rival to the America's Cup. She was built specifically for the competition and won it easily at her first attempt in 1921, again in 1922, in 1930, and in 1937, its final year. The Bluenose was sold to the West Indies Trading Company in 1942 and was wrecked off Haiti in 1946. In 1963, the government of Nova Scotia commissioned the two-masted gaff topsail schooner Bluenose II, an exact replica of the original ship.
- Hand Built, Fully Assembled museum quality model with Display Stand
- Measures 47" in length, 41" in height and 9" wide
- Beautifully constructed of exotic woods such as ebony, rosewood, yellow and red cedar, mahogany, teak, black wood, walnut, cherry, birch and maple and other tropical woods
- Researched and completely built from scratch, one at a time, in scale to the original plans
- 100% hand built from scratch using "plank on frame" construction method, gluing together multiple pieces of dry, thin wood
- Finely painted and varn(more...)
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be recevied within 30 days of receipt of the order.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.