Columbia Racing Yacht, 1958 America's Cup Defender - Wooden Model Sailboat, 24" Long
Columbia Racing Yacht, 1958 America's Cup Defender - Wooden Model Sailboat, 24" Long. In 1958 a new class of sailboats, the 12 Meter class, was introduced as the racing class of the America's Cup. Off the coast of Newport, Rhode Island sleek and fast, Columbia (12 Meter US-16), stunned its competition with a sweeping win of the first 12 Meter America's Cup, proving that 12 Meters were justifiable competitors in the coveted America's Cup!
Olin Stephens brought all his vast and sound experience in the design of the 1958 America's Cup Defender. Columbia was built in the Nevins Yacht under the supervision of Olin Stephens of Sparkman & Stephens. This 12 meter yacht had a wooden hull and could sail at very high speed. The skipper Briggs Cunningham took Columbia to the victory, winning over all contenders.
- Hand Built, Fully Assembled museum quality model with Display Stand
- Measures 24" in length, 31" in height and 5" wide
- Beautifully constructed of exotic woods such as ebony, rosewood, yellow and red cedar, mahogany, teak, black wood, walnut, cherry, birch and maple and other tropical woods
- Researched and completely built from scratch, one at a time, in scale to the original plans
- 100% hand built from scratch using "plank on frame" construction
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be recevied within 30 days of receipt of the order.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.