USS Constitution - "Old Ironsides" - Wooden Model Sailing Ship, 38" Long
USS Constitution - "Old Ironsides" - Wooden Model Sailing Ship, 38" Long. Individually built, completely assembled, handcrafted model of the USS Constitution.
1794-1797: CONSTITUTION was built by Colonnel George Claghorn at Edmond Hartt's shipyard in Boston. Made from more than 2,000 trees, with timbers felled from Marine to Georgia and armed with cannons cast in Rhode Island and copper fastenings were provided by Paul Revere. Launched on October 21, 1797, she first put to sea in 1798. The USS CONSTITUTION has won every battle she's ever fought - over 40 of them! During the War of 1812 a British sailor saw that their shot seemed to rebound harmlessly off Constitution's strong live oak hull giving her the nickname "Old Ironsides". Resting in Boston Harbor, She is the oldest commissioned warship in the world.
- Hand Built, Fully Assembled museum quality model with Display Stand
- Measures 38" in length, 32" in height and 13" wide
- Beautifully constructed of exotic woods such as ebony, rosewood, yellow and red cedar, mahogany, teak, black wood, walnut, cherry, birch and maple and other tropical woods
- Researched and completely built from scratch, one at a time, in scale to the original plans
- 100% hand built from scratch using "plank on frame" co(more...)
SHIPPING & RETURNS
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be recevied within 30 days of receipt of the order.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.