ACR ResQFlare, Electronic Distress Flare - LNK-ERS1
- Approved Replacement for Pyrotechnic Flares
- Waterproof Buoyant Construction
The ResQFlare facilitates rescue by emitting the flash characteristic for the International Morse Code for S-O-S. Operating on just two user replaceable C-Cell Alkaline batteries, the ResQFlare’s high efficiency electronics allow it to maintain the USCG required 75 cd peak equivalent fixed intensity for over 20 hours (more than 3 times longer than the USCG requirement for maintaining this level of light intensity). With its user replaceable battery power source, the ResQFlare provides years of service while also negating common inconveniences of pyrotechnic flares including their expiry dates and stringent mandatory disposal requirements.
Meeting the requirements of 46 CFR 161.013, the ResQFlare is classified as an approved Night Visual Distress Signal. Given that a Distress Flag, meeting the requirements of 46 CFR 160.072, is included in the package with every ResQFlare, users are also provided with an approved Day Visual Distress Signal (the requirement for carriage of approved day and night visual distress signals can be found in 33 CFR part 175).
The supplied Distress Flag provides numerous daylight signaling options. The flag can be flown by attaching to the mast or simply hoisting to the highest possible point. It can also be displayed by hand, tied to, and then waved on items such as a boat hook, paddle, or fishing rod, or it can be laid flat on the deck to attract aircraft. The flag should be used only as a day signal and when displayed correctly, the black square should be over the black circle.
Carriage of the ResQFlare and Distress Flag together allows boaters to forego the requirement for traditional pyrotechnic flares when on vessels up to 65’ in length, boating on the Great Lakes, within 12 miles of U.S. waters, or on any body of water with a passageway to the sea at least two miles wide. Vessels less than 16’ are not required to carry a Day Visual Distress Signal but must still carry a Night Visual Distress Signal, making the ResQFlare a more than viable alternative to pyrotechnic flares for vessels of this size as well.
The addition of the ResQFlare to ACR’s line of boating safety gear provides U.S. recreational boaters with a comprehensive distress signaling solution. When paired with an ACR EPIRB or Personal Locator Beacon, USCG rescue personnel not only know where you are within minutes, but also have a visual reference light to home in on from up to 6 miles away.
ResQFlare (Electronic Distress Flare)
Replace Batteries Annually
High Efficiency 0.5W LED (x7)
φ2.36” x 8.07” (φ60 x 205 mm)
Weight (excluding batteries and flag)
0.3 lbs (135g)
SOS Distress Signal Light (meets USCG specifications for a Night Visual Distress Signal as required by 33 CFR part 175)
≥75cd (6.2 miles visual distance)
≥20 hrs over 75 cd (room temperature)
Inherently Buoyant (no buoyancy/flotation ring necessary)
-22°F ～149°F (-30℃～ 65℃)
30.2°F - 86°F (-1℃～ 30℃)
Fire-resistant, Oil-resistant, Mycete-proof, Corrosion-proof, and Waterproof. Meet RoHS and asbestos-free requirements.
Certified to meet USCG 161.013, CE approval
Our legendary products are supported by an equally legendary promise. The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be received within 30 days of receipt of the order.
- Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs), Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs) and Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELTs) can only be returned for a full refund within 30 Days of date of purchase if the seal has not been broken on the box. In addition, it must not have been registered with the National Authority Registration. Any product eligible for a promotional offer (cash rebates or free goods) that has been redeemed is not eligible for return.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.