Xtreme Power Assist Package
Dometic ( formerly SeaStar Solutions ) has come up with another product to add to their steering lineup called the SeaStar Extreme Power Assist steering, or XPA. This new steering cylinder works with your existing mechanical rotary or rack steering system, turning it into an electric power steering system. It is powered by your onboard 12 volt electrical system and is easy to install and only takes the do-it-yourselfer about 30 minutes.
This electric steering works with single outboard motors ranging from 90 to 200 hp that are not rigged by the more common hydraulic steering systems. This XPA electric steering cylinder works on aluminum fish and ski type boats as well as pontoon boats and smaller center consoles, etc.
Another great feature that the XPA steering incorporates is a fail-safe system that will revert the steering back to mechanical in the event that the system loses power or fails for any reason. If you're looking for a steering system that is easy and quick to install and smooth operating, check out the new Dometic SeaStar XPA electric steering system.
The Xtreme Power Assist Steering delivers smooth, easy control of electric power-assisted steering to a wide range of popular boats, including pontoons, runabouts, RIBS, aluminum fishing boats and center consoles. This is an affordable, easy-to-install solution that offers a more enjoyable driving experience. Comes with 12' wiring harness.
DOMETIC Xtreme Power Assist lets you experience smooth handling with you curent mchanical steering system
The Xtreme Power Assist Steering is engineered to bring the smooth, easy control of electric power-assisted steering to a wide range of popular boats, including pontoons, runabouts, RIBS, aluminum fishing boats and center consoles. This is an affordable, easy-to-install solution that offers a more enjoyable driving experience.
STRONG AND DURABLE
This system differs vastly from competitive “electric helm” systems on the market, because it does not increase the load on the mechanical steering helm or cable. Once this system is installed, the mechanical steering cable now only turns the power assist unit, while the electric steering actuator actually turns the engine load. This ensures reliable long-term performance in real-world, on-the water conditions.
- KEY BENEFITS
- Significantly reduced steering effort provides a car-like driving experience for mechanically steered boats.
- Engineered to fit a wide range of single engine, mechanically steered outboard boats from 90-200HP.
- Integrates with any existing SeaStar rack or rotary cable steering system, so there is no need to install new steering to take advantage of this new technology.
- Designed as a self-contained, plug-and-play system which easily mounts to all major outboard brands and integrates with the boat’s existing mechanical steering in less than 30 minutes.
- Built in Fail-safe System automatically reverts to mechanical steering in the event of a system failure.
Read the Install Directions and Requirements.
SHIPPING & RETURNS