SMOOTH FINGERTIP STEERING. DOMETIC XTREME POWER ASSIST EXPERIENCE SMOOTH HANDLING WITH YOUR CURRENT MECHANICAL STEERING SYSTEM
The Xtreme Power Assist Steering is engineered to bring the smooth, easy control of electric power-assisted steering to a wide range of popular boats, including pontoons, runabouts, RIBS, aluminum fishing boats and center consoles. This is an affordable, easy-to-install solution that offers a more enjoyable driving experience.
STRONG AND DURABLE
This system differs vastly from competitive “electric helm” systems on the market, because it does not increase the load on the mechanical steering helm or cable. Once this system is installed, the mechanical steering cable now only turns the power assist unit, while the electric steering actuator actually turns the engine load. This ensures reliable long-term performance in real-world, on-the water conditions.
- KEY BENEFITS
- Significantly reduced steering effort provides a car-like driving experience for mechanically steered boats.
- Engineered to fit a wide range of single engine, mechanically steered outboard boats from 90-200HP.
- Integrates with any existing SeaStar rack or rotary cable steering system, so there is no need to install new steering to take advantage of this new technology.
- Designed as a self-contained, plug-and-play system which easily mounts to all major outboard brands and integrates with the boat’s existing mechanical steering in less than 30 minutes.
- Built in Fail-safe System automatically reverts to mechanical steering in the event of a system failure.