Dr. Shrink - Marine / RV Shrink Wrap
Dr. Shrink, shrink wrap protects boats and other large objects from harsh winter elements. Shrink wrap offers complete protection against weather damage. Logical installation steps. Dr. Shrink training videos offers step by step instructions on the shrink wrap process. Shrink wrap will not chafe or damage covered products. When properly applied, shrink wrap will not move or chafe like heavy, dirty tarps can when covering loads being transported or stored. Dr Shrink wrap covers can be ventilated to eliminate moisture and mildew problems. Dr. Shrink has the widest selection of zipper access doors and solutions available. Check out our selection of Dr. Shrink shrink wrap and shrink wrap equipment.
Find The Right Size Shrinkwrap For Your Boat
# of Boats
# of Vents
12' x 175'
up to 7'
|Works well for finishing boats & boats with low windshields|
14' x 150'
up to 8'
|Great for runabout with full windshields|
17' x 120'
up to 8.5'
|Excellent for pontoon boats and cuddy cabin cruisers|
20' x 100'
up to 8.5'
|Good for express cruisers|
24' x 115'
up to 9'
|Superb for express cruisers with arches or small flybridges|
26' x 100'
up to 10'
|Very little waste on wider, taller flybridge boats under 32'|
32' x 100'
up to 11'
|Super for wide and tall flybridge boats with an arch|
40' x 100'
up to 16'
|Covers very large boats with arches and bridges with one piece of wrap|
|*These sizes are approximate-each boat must be measured to assure that the proper size wrap is used. Always over ventilate and use Dr. Shrink's DS-789 for best results.|
How To Shrink Wrap a Boat
This quick how-to video shows you how to shrink wrap your boat for storage. Dr. Shrink, Inc. supplies premium, 100% virgin resin shrink wrap in widths of 12 to 60 feet in a variety of lengths and mil thicknesses. 6 and 7-mil shrink wrap is recommended for boat storage. Dr. Shrink also supplies a complete line of installation accessories– everything you need to complete your shrink wrap job from start to finish.
Everything You Need to Needed To Know To Shrink Wrap
How to Shrink Wrap a Pontoon Boat
Learn from the professionals at Dr. Shrink on how to shrink wrap your pontoon boat for storage.
SHRINK WRAP PROTECTS
• Shrink wrap offers complete protection against weather damage.
• Shrink wrap is waterproof and can be sealed around entire units to eliminate any weather related issues.
• One piece coverage. Shrink wrap comes in widths of 12-60 feet and can cover entire flatbed loads of machinery or even 60-foot-plus boats in one piece!
• 100% virgin resin shrink wrap with maximum UV inhibitors costs only pennies per square foot.
• You can’t afford NOT to shrink wrap.
• Common sense approach to application.
• Logical installation steps. Dr. Shrink training videos offers step by step instructions on the shrink wrap process.
NO SURFACE DAMAGE
• Shrink wrap will not chafe or damage covered products. When properly applied, shrink wrap will not move or chafe like heavy, dirty tarps can when covering loads being transported or stored.
• Dr Shrink wrap covers can be ventilated to eliminate moisture and mildew problems.
• Dr. Shrink offer several countermeasures that inhibit moisture and mildew from forming on shrink wrapped units.
• Dr. Shrink also offers Volatile Corrosion Inhibiting (VCI) shrink wrap and accessories that keep corrosion from forming on ferrous and non-ferrous metal.
ACCESS INSIDE YOUR SHRINK WRAPPED UNIT
• Dr. Shrink has the widest selection of zipper access doors and solutions available.
• Gain entry to your covered unit without cutting or removing your shrink wrap cover.
• Custom zipper access door solutions available to fit any job
• Simplify and help eliminate the problems typically associated with shipping and storage protection on all size products with Dr. Shrink’s complete package.
What is a Mil?
A mil is a unit of measurement used to determine thickness. 1mil is equal to .001 (1/1000) inch. All of Dr. Shrink’s shrink wrap material is made with 100% virgin resin, guaranteeing true mil thickness and consistency on each roll of shrink wrap.
6-mil—is our thinnest shrink wrap and is used on smaller items such as boats, shed frames, pallets, and machinery that will be stored rather than transported.
7-mil—is the standard thickness for shrink wrapping boats in snow load areas, for light construction jobs and for medium sized machinery that will be transported. Also available in one Flame Retardant size of 26′ x 160′.
8-mil/8.5-mil—is an excellent thickness for covering large boats, shrink wrapping large building frames, and for wrapping large equipment with sharp protrusions for transportation or storage.
9-mil—is perfect for wrapping machinery for and is very durable and works well for making containments and wrapping scaffolding. Also available in two Flame Retardant sizes of 26′ x 62′ and 32′ x 70′.
10-mil—is a versatile thickness which is excellent for wrapping large sections of scaffolding, shrink wrapping large products for on deck ocean freight, and for covering odd shaped machinery for storage or transportation.
12-mil—is Dr. Shrink's thickest shrink wrap and is available with or without Flame Retardant additives. All of our premium FR Shrink Wrap meets, or exceeds, NFPA 701 specifications for extinguishing itself. Flame Retardant Shrink Wrap is required for some scaffolding jobs and always on government bids where people will be working under the material. Standard 12-mil shrink wrap is available in 20′ x 100′ or 40′ x 100′. Flame Retardant 12-mil sizes are 32′ x 70′ and 40′ x 60′.
Visit Dr. Shrink for more information.