Fireboy Carbon Monoxide Alarm CMD5-MB, Battery Operated
The Fireboy-Xintex CMD5-MB CO Alarm uses an ultra low current draw and sensor that allows it to be the only marine battery powered CO alarm on the Market. The CMD5-MB protects you and your boat's crew from dangerous carbon monoxide levels. A microprocessor sensor in CMD5-MB uses a "Time Weighted Average" (TWA) process to monitor CO concentration, temperature and time to calculate levels of Carboxyhemoglobin (COHb). COHb is the degree to which the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood is impeded by the union of carbon monoxide to the hemoglobin and is expressed as a percentage. The human body absorbs CO easier than oxygen and COHb is the ratio of absorbed carbon monoxide to oxygen in the bloodstream. The CMD5-M alarm calculates this COHb as a function of time and determines the appropriate alarm response.
- Electrochemical sensor - immediate and stable sensing reduces false alarms
- Ultra-low current draw - 1 mA
- Long sensor life - Approx. 7 year End of Life (EOL)
- Compact design for inconspicuous protection - Modern design blends in with interior decor
- Battery operated requires no power wiring - Easy to install
- Sealed lithium-ion battery - guaranteed 7 year life
- Relay module (sold separately) available for generator shutdown
Xintex Quality and Reliability On Board
- Microprocessor controlled
- Conformal coated circuit board for added protection
- Time-weighted average CO measurement process constantly monitors all CO levels
- Highly resistant to most chemicals, solvents and cleaners
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be recevied within 30 days of receipt.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.