Pen Duick, 1898 Regatta Cutter - Wooden Model Saiboat, 26" Long
Penduick, Pen Duick, 1898 Regatta Cutter - Wooden Model Saiboat, 26" Long. Individually built, completely assembled, handcrafted model of the Pen Duick, "Black Head".
Built in 1898 and launched as "Yum", the regatta cutter Pen Duick was one of the most beautiful sailing boats. She was abandoned after running aground in the muddy flats of the Loire. The legendary sailor, Æ’ric Tabarly, who rescued and lovingly restored her with another sailor, was lost off the southeast coast of Wales on the stormy night of June 14, 1998, the same year that Pen Duick reached her hundredth birthday.
- Hand Built, Fully Assembled museum quality model with Display Stand
- Measures 26" in length, 36" in height and 5" wide
- Beautifully constructed of exotic woods such as ebony, rosewood, yellow and red cedar, mahogany, teak, black wood, walnut, cherry, birch and maple and other tropical woods
- Researched and completely built from scratch, one at a time, in scale to the original plans
- 100% hand built from scratch using "plank on frame" construction method, gluing together multiple pieces of dry, thin wood
- Finely painted and varnished finishes
- Metal parts and details that are bronzed, gold tone or chrome plated or painted
- Fabric sails with int(more...)
The length of the warranty may vary by product, please refer to your product for the exact terms and conditions of the warranty for your purchase.
- All returns must be recevied within 30 days of receipt of the order.
- Manufacturer defects reported within 30 days of receipt will be supplied a pre-paid label for return shipping upon approval.
- Please contact Go2marine LFS Marine and Outdoor for Manufacture Defects, Returns and help with Warranties.