Stearns 1470, Ultra Commercial Automatic/Manual Inflatable Vest Life Jacket/PFD, Type V, Black
Stearns 1470 Ultra Commercial Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket helps keep you safe with USCG Type V approved floatation, high visibility reflective tape on black vest and attached emergency whistle. The Stearns 1470 Ultra Commercial Life Vest uses a tri-fold design for comfortable fit and easy repacking.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved Type V/II (Auto) or Type V/III (Manual)
- Automatic inflation when submerged in water
- Manual operation by lanyard pull or oral tube
- 33.7 lb (150 Newton) buoyancy when fully inflated
- Clear window to view arming status of mechanism
- Pocket to store extra cylinder (not included) or gear
- D-ring for clip on attachments/gear
- 2" adjustable belt for secure fit, mesh storage bag, cylinder and bobbin included
- Optional back flap for identification
- Emergency whistle
- High visibility, 3M Scotchlite Reflective Material SOLAS-grade 6755 on front
- Color: Black
- Ships with one CO2 cartridge, order re-arm kit #0927 for additional cartridges
- USCG Approved Type V for use when worn on uninspected commercial vessels less than 40' in length not carrying passengers for hire
- Approved substitute for a Type II or III PFD only when worn and used in accordance with the owner's manual
Note: Due to the CO2 cartridge, this item can only ship by UPS Ground.Note: Type V PFD's are in a USCG class of special flotation devices. When they are fitted and worn properly, they will perform as a Type II or Type III device. The biggest advantage of Type V inflatable PFD's is that they encourage people to wear them because of comfort and reduced bulk.
Inherently Buoyant PFD vs. Inflatable PFDs:
Inherently Buoyant PFDs can be used by swimmers and non-swimmers; many vests for a variety of applications - boating, tubing, fishing, skiing, paddling, sailing, etc.; foam filled - will float without action by wearer; available in adult, adult oversize, youth, child, and infant sizes.
Inflatable PFDs are not recommended for non-swimmers; not for use for active watersports activities - skiing, tubing, wakeboarding, white water, or PWC; requires regular user checks and maintenance; available in adult sizes only.
|Green cylinder seal indicator shows that CO2 cylinder is full; mechanism is armed to function as a automatic||Red cylinder seal indicator shows that CO2 is empty; needs to be replaced before further use||Green cylinder indicator shows that CO2 cylinder is full. Automatic override tab is in place. Mechanism is armed to function as a manual only device|